Fistula means reep or pipe like .Any boil /abscess arund the anal canal (perianal region) which communicates through inside of anal canal or rectum initially a fistula .The discharge of pus or blood may be intermittent or continuous soiling the under clothes.
- 1. Boil or abscess at perianal region which bursts with discharge.
- 2. Cryptoglandular anal infection leading to anal abscess formation which bust which discharge leading to Anal Fistula.
- 3. Erosion and ulceration in anal canal provide the route for bacterial infection in anal canal. The infection spreads to pararectal spaces leading to abscess formation and development of anal Fistula.
- 4. Anal Fissure is the most common cause of Anal abscess.
- 5. Blood born infection of pararectal spaces during malaria, Typhoid, Prolong illness, Tuberculosis, lower bresistance and diabetes may couse anal abscess formation.
Symptoms of Fistula in Ano
Initially when the boil appears, may lead to pain, which is due to local inflammation and collection of pus. The boil may burst spontaneously or may be incised by a surgeon in an attempt to drain the pus. So, the following symptoms are visible
- Pain in perianal region at the site of boil/abscess.
- Pus discharge some time blood mix also.
- Discharge of faeces or flatus is also seen sometimes.
- Itching around anal cana.
TYPES OF ANAL FISSURE :-
There are basically two broad groups of anal fistula in clinical practice- Simple and High Anal Fistula
LOW ANAL FISTULA OR LOW TYPE:-
Those which have their track course internal opening below the anorectal ring – they are called as Low type or Low anal.
HIGH ANAL FISTULA OR HIGH TYPE:-
Those which have their extension above the ano-rectal ring towards the rectum – they are called as High type or High anal Fistula.
DIAGNOSIS OF FISTULA IN ANO
The diagnosis of the disease Fistula in ano can be made by a local examination by your physician. Usually the external opening is visible at any point in perianal region. Digital examination (Check-up by finger) gives an idea of possible site of internal opening while probing is the technique which is used to find out the direction and depth of Fistula track. Radiological investigations like Fistulography and/or MRI pelvis region, provide the information about the course of the Fistulous track.
AYURVEDA TREATMENTS FOR FISTULA IN ANO
NO medicines can cure completely the disease fistula in ano . AYURVEDIC KSHAR SUTRA -A multicentric trial of kshar sutra in management of fistula in ano hass been conducted by” INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESERCH ” B.H.U, AIIMS ,PGI Chandighar & maniny clinical trial which says that kshar Sutra offers effactive , less traumatic and safe treatmant for fistula in ano with excellent success rate.
The Kshar Sutra is changed changed periodically usually on weekly basis till the thread cuts the fistulous tract completely. Since the sphincter heals by fibrosis, simultaneously with the cutting, there are practically nil chances of incontinence.