Failure of a couple of reproductive age to conceive after at least 1 year of regular coitus without contraception.
- Primary infertility – Infertility in a woman who has never been pregnant.
- Secondary infertility – infertility in a woman who has had one or more previous pregnancies but is now unable to conceive.
Types of female infertility in Ayurveda
- Vandhya (Absolute sterility and incurable)
- Apraja (women can become pregnant and curable)
- Sapraja (women who become inflicted with infertility during her childbearing years after already conceiving one or more children.
- Ovarian cause
- Tubal factor
- Uterine factor
- Pelvic factor
- Cervical cause
Cause of female infertility in Ayurveda
- Yonipradosa (abnormalities of reproductive organs)
- Yonivyapad ( gynecologic disorders)
- Abnormalities of asrk (abnormalities of menstruation and ovum)
- Garbhakosabhanga (injury to the uterus)
- Psychological factor
- Abnormal diet
- Abnormal mode of life
- Akala yoga(coitus in improper time)
Treatment of female infertility in ayurveda
Line of Treatment
- Nidan parivarjan
- Brmhana chikitsa
- Utter basti
Ayurvedic Drugs for Infertility
- Satawari ghrta
- Narayana oil